Saturday, March 3, 2012

Who Am I?

My name is Valerie Sue Grace Comas Coolidge. Born on the Feast of the Annunciation (March 25) I am the eldest (of 5) daughters of Jack and Mary Jean (Ferrera) Comas, and sibling of Lisa Armstrong, Debra Punke, Beth Ann Thomas, and Christine Cunningham. I live in Columbus, Ohio with my husband Robin Dale Coolidge, Jr. and Corky our miniture golden doodle and Miss Kitty Catawba, who wondered into our lives a year and a half ago. Robin and I have been married for almost 23 years (June 10) and raised five children: Sarah Marie, Justin Edward, Philip Richard, Ryan Anthony, and Sean Michael. Robin and I are the owners of Wyandotte Winery, and we in fact live at the winery. Wyandotte Winery was built in 1976 as both a manufacturing facility for wine, a giftshop, tasting room, and home.

When I was in my mid forties, I decided to go back to school to complete my college education in the field that I was most attracted to - Theology. Attending Ohio Dominican University I completed my BA in Theology in December 2005. I graduated top of my class with honors. I absolutely relished learning, and truely appreciated the opportunity to go back to school.

I was baptized Roman Catholic as an infant, and along with my family practiced our faith religiously (excuse the pun.) Today I am still very active in the Catholic Faith life, and I am blessed to be able to attend daily Mass. Today I sit alone at the St. Peter and Paul Retreat Center in Newark OH. I am making a much needed silent retreat - something I have done many times before.

I have been writing a book for more than 20 years, something that I feel compelled to do. However, I can't seem to bring myself to complete it. I am afraid. Of what, I am not sure. I am hoping that a blog might help me to get in to the habit of writing. I thank my friend Sue, for encouraging me to take up my pen and write.

2 comments:

  1. I think you will enjoy sharing your thoughts and ideas online. I can answer your question of 'Who am I?' Valerie Sue Grace Comas Coolidge is a loving and caring individual, who is embarking on a journey to share herself with the world. You are a multifaceted person, a gem. I look forward to reading your posts as often the written word can express more that just verbal conversations.
    I have a challenge for your--I want to hear about one new thing from you this week from your retreat.
    If you like, I would be glad to share blogging tips with you. You will find it will be fun just to discover different features.

    Sue

    P.S. Ha Ha, I found your blog!

    http://valeriecomascoolidge.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who are you, Valerie? You are most definitely one of God's "small miracles". :-)

    ReplyDelete